God Took Me on a Journey, Straight to His Heart
By Pam Caylor © 2013
“As I sat speechless, in awe of the magnificent, matchless wisdom and love of God, thinking how far beneath His thoughts mine had been, I sensed He had one more question …”
We know the devil comes only to lie, steal, kill and destroy. But God promises that His truth will make us free! Have you ever met someone and found yourself wondering, “Hmmmm … I wonder… were you conceived … In love … In marriage … In the back seat of a car… or… In rape?”
How I wish I could say that I’ve never believed a lie but I had been deceived, once believing that rape or incest was the one “exception” for abortion. Surely God, Who Is Love, could not expect a woman who had been thru such a horrible ordeal as the violent, degrading act of rape, to then carry the “product” of that act to term, giving birth to a constant and life-long reminder of that violation.
Then I had a brilliant idea. I asked God His thoughts. Wow. This began a journey for me that led me straight to the heart of God. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:9, NIV) I found out that my thoughts had been right from the pit of darkness.
Following is a snapshot of my journey to understand God’s stance on the “issue” of life conceived in incest or rape.
God whispered to my heart a few simple questions; questions that, quite honestly, I thought I had already answered for myself …
1) “Who gives Life?”
I proudly exclaimed, “Why, You do, God!”
2) “Yes! That’s absolutely correct! Do I make mistakes?”
“No, God! You never make mistakes!”
3) I sensed God was proud of me as He continued, “Absolutely correct again! Do you remember in My Word, in Genesis 50:20…?” (One of my personal favorite passages from God’s Word), I excitedly interjected, “I remember! Joseph said the thing was meant to hurt him, but You, God, intended it for good – to save many lives!”
4) It felt as though God whispered, “Yes, you have answered correctly. Now, if I give Life, and I do not make mistakes …”
5) “If I take that which was meant for harm and turn it for good … is a baby EVER a mistake?”
6) “Is the ‘timing’ EVER off or, since I Alone Am the Giver of Life, must the ‘timing’ be perfect, no matter the ‘circumstance’ that I GIVE LIFE in?”
Stunned, I sat quietly pondering all that God was revealing, especially His heart. I pondered God’s great wisdom and love; how He declares the end from the beginning; how perfect His ways are; how He Is Alpha and Omega.
7) I sensed God continue, “Could it be …? That I saw the great pain and devastation my precious daughter was enduring, and whispered, ‘My sweet daughter, I’m going to give you a gift for the pain that has been inflicted upon you – a most precious gift, that I ALONE can give – to have and to hold, to love and cherish, as a reminder that in your darkest hour, I visited you, smiled on you, and blessed you with a precious baby, a life that I sent to bless you!’”
8) “Did it ever occur to you that My giving Life in the circumstance of rape may be to SAVE that woman’s life from the spirit of death that was meant to be imparted by the enemy of her soul?”
9) “For, indeed, does every rape produce a baby?”
As I sat speechless, in awe of the magnificent, matchless wisdom and love of God, thinking how far beneath His thoughts mine had been, I sensed that He wasn’t finished. My spirit whispered, “Yes, Lord, what is it?”
10) To my broken spirit I sensed this question, “If you saw a darling little 2 year old playing in the park, and someone whispered to you, ‘that little child was conceived in rape,’ would your first thought be, ‘we should kill the child?’”
My heart cried out, “No, God, of course not!”
11) “Is not this the same child from ‘conception’ to now, and even until death? Why should this child be sentenced to death before birth? Did the rapist give life to this baby, or did I, God Almighty, the Only True and Living God?”
From my broken heart – broken because I had sold God short; broken because I had so far missed the mark and misjudged God’s heart; broken because, on all the days prior, God had set before me life and death and until this moment, I had foolishly and prejudicially “chosen” death for this single group of God’s gifts; broken because – I suddenly realized, I had been judging God! From my broken and forever changed heart, I repented.
Every child is a gift from God and He NEVER qualifies that. God’s Word says “children are a gift from Him, an inheritance, a heritage” and “the fruit of the womb a reward!” God never “qualifies” that by adding any stipulation such as, Children are a gift … “if you’re married; if you’re planning; if you want the baby; if the baby was conceived in love, etc.” Romans 11:29 tells us that God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. He NEVER changes His mind about those to whom He sends His gifts or gives His call!
Every baby conceived has TWO biological parents, a Daddy and a Mommie.
But it doesn’t take “two” to make a baby – it takes “THREE!”
When a woman is raped, she is a victim. If God blesses her womb with a baby, an abortion does not erase the rape. Instead it complicates it, typically making it more difficult to recover from. The rapist took something from her that he had no right to take, but if she survives, he did not take her life. Ezekiel 18:20 says that children shall not pay for the sins of their father. When we sentence a baby to die because they are conceived in rape or incest, we are passing sentence on an innocent baby for the sins of the father. THAT is “misplaced compassion!”
Choosing abortion short sells God, His plan and His Truth. By selling that woman the enemy’s plan, trying to erase the life of her baby, we are telling her that neither she – nor her baby – are worthy of fighting for; neither are worthy of life or protection! The truth is … as SOON as a baby is conceived, that woman is that baby’s Mommie. Instead of being “compassionate,” abortion violates her again, violently ripping God’s gift of life from her womb … If she aborts her baby, she is no longer just a victim, but also an aggressor … and the Mommie of a dead baby.
The truth is … once we accept abortion for certain “reasons” … we accept abortion.
In war, the most important battle takes place behind the scenes in Preparation, Strategies and Mind Set. Abortion, incest and rape are NOT political issues, but since many think they are, we must battle on the field where the battle is being fought. Sexual immorality, abortion, incest and rape are “Gospel” issues! To win this war, behind the scenes – we must fight the real battle, the spiritual battle.
Proverbs 24:10-12, (NIV) “If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength! Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, ‘But we knew nothing about this,’ does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?”
“Jesus Christ, the Same yesterday, today and forever.” He never changes. God Is not confused. He Alone gives Life and He never makes mistakes! Never without a plan, God never creates anyone without purpose.
I love God and I stand with Him.
I am “Pro-Life With NO Exceptions.”